By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Hindustan PioneerHindustan Pioneer
  • Home
  • Business
  • News
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Reading: Delhi Transport Minister Halts Seizure and Scraping of Parked Old Vehicles
Share
Notification Show More
Latest News
Mizoram CM Lalduhoma Denies Lengpui Airport Land Deal Charges, Offers to Resign if Proven Guilty
February 17, 2026
GHADC Elections Scheduled for April 10, Meghalaya Cabinet Announces Poll Dates
February 17, 2026
Assam Bio Ethanol to Partner 30,000 Farmers for Bamboo Supply to Numaligarh 2G Plant
February 17, 2026
himanta biswa sarma
Himanta Says Remarks Target ‘Bangladeshi Infiltrators’, Not Muslims
February 9, 2026
Tribal body leader condemns Kuki-Zo MLAs for joining Meitei-led government
Tribal Body Leader Slams Kuki-Zo MLAs for Joining Govt
February 9, 2026
Aa
Aa
Hindustan PioneerHindustan Pioneer
  • Home
  • Business
  • News
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • Travel
  • Web Stories
Follow US
  • Advertise
  • Editorial Policy
  • Contact Us
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Home » Blog » Delhi Transport Minister Halts Seizure and Scraping of Parked Old Vehicles
News

Delhi Transport Minister Halts Seizure and Scraping of Parked Old Vehicles

Rudrakshi Gupta
By Rudrakshi Gupta 2 Min Read Published August 23, 2023
Share
Delhi Transport Minister Halts Seizure and Scraping of Parked Old Vehicles
SHARE

Introduction 

In response to mounting concerns from car owners and legal questions surrounding the process, Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot has ordered a halt to the ongoing campaign of seizing and scrapping parked end-of-life vehicles that are not currently in use. The campaign, initiated by the Delhi transport department in accordance with the National Green Tribunal’s orders, aimed to remove petrol vehicles older than 15 years and diesel vehicles older than 10 years from the streets of Delhi.

Contents
Introduction Conclusion 
Delhi Transport Minister Halts Seizure and Scraping of Parked Old Vehicles
Delhi Transport Minister Halts Seizure and Scraping of Parked Old Vehicles

The decision to pause the campaign came after numerous car owners voiced objections about the manner in which their parked vehicles were being removed from outside their homes. Many raised questions about the legality and invasiveness of the process, prompting Gahlot to step in and address the situation.

Gahlot’s directive not only stops the seizure and scrapping of parked vehicles but also urges the transport commissioner to create a comprehensive policy in consultation with the government. This policy is expected to establish a balanced approach that addresses environmental concerns while respecting the rights of vehicle owners.

Officials from the transport department had been following the orders from the NGT, claiming that the vehicles being seized had already been deregistered by the government as end-of-life vehicles. However, Gahlot’s intervention underscores the need for a more careful and considerate approach to managing the campaign.

Conclusion 

The transport minister’s decision highlights the importance of striking a balance between environmental conservation and individual property rights. As the transport department reevaluates its strategy, a new policy is expected to emerge that aligns with both legal considerations and public sentiment. This development signals a step toward more thoughtful and inclusive environmental initiatives in the future.

You Might Also Like

Mizoram CM Lalduhoma Denies Lengpui Airport Land Deal Charges, Offers to Resign if Proven Guilty

GHADC Elections Scheduled for April 10, Meghalaya Cabinet Announces Poll Dates

Assam Bio Ethanol to Partner 30,000 Farmers for Bamboo Supply to Numaligarh 2G Plant

Himanta Says Remarks Target ‘Bangladeshi Infiltrators’, Not Muslims

Tribal Body Leader Slams Kuki-Zo MLAs for Joining Govt

TAGGED: Delhi transport minister, Scraping old cars
Rudrakshi Gupta August 23, 2023
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp LinkedIn Copy Link
Previous Article Supreme Court Labels Article 370 Ceased to Exist After 1957 Argument as 'Unacceptable' Supreme Court Labels Article 370 Ceased to Exist After 1957 Argument as ‘Unacceptable’
Next Article Bombay High Court Asserts Fundamental Rights for the Deceased Bombay High Court Asserts Fundamental Rights for the Deceased
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Mizoram CM Lalduhoma Denies Lengpui Airport Land Deal Charges, Offers to Resign if Proven Guilty
News
GHADC Elections Scheduled for April 10, Meghalaya Cabinet Announces Poll Dates
News
Assam Bio Ethanol to Partner 30,000 Farmers for Bamboo Supply to Numaligarh 2G Plant
News
himanta biswa sarma
Himanta Says Remarks Target ‘Bangladeshi Infiltrators’, Not Muslims
News

© 2022-2025 Hindustan Pioneer. All Rights Reserved.

  • About Us
  • Editorial Policy
  • Our Team
  • Contact Us

Removed from reading list

Undo
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?