About Mohammad Azharuddin
Mohammad Azharuddin is an Indian politician, former international cricketer, and former captain of India’s national cricket team. He is the working president of the Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee and was a member of parliament for Moradabad.
Azhar’s tenure as the HCA’s president
While Azhar’s tenure as the HCA’s president was looked forward to with apromise to enhance Hyderabad’s talent pool, he now shoulders the lion’ share of the blame for the alleged mismanagement of the local league
The current Hyderabad Ranji team has a squad of 23 members, with nine newplayers making their debut. What is not clear is the selection process andhow new names continue to crop up every season, only to wither away soon.There is no clear criterion for the selection of a team for the four-day
national tournament, considering there were no three-day leagues conducted Last year
Players have made it to the team solely based on their T20 league performances.
Hyderabad’s performances under the Hyderabad Cricket Association’s (HCA) presidency of ex-India captain Mohd Azharuddin continue to plummet, with four straight losses in the Ranji Trophy, marked by a low score of 79 (all out) and an innings defeat in under two days.
- Parents claim that since Azhar took over, corruption has increased
- Rs. 15 lacks, up from Rs. 5 lacks, allegedly to be paid for selection to U-16, U-19
and U-25 squads
- Rs. 20-Rs.30 lakh is to be allegedly paid for getting selected to the Hyderabad
Ranji Team. This amount allegedly varies based on performances in U-16 to
- Currently, many players in the Ranji squad have not played
U-16, U-19 or U-25 cricket
- 25 first-class matches and five-year experience – the BCCI’s criteria for
being a selector – are openly flouted by the HCA.